Reach may be up but engagement is downPost engagement is down 25.57% since May 2015. Average post engagement in March was at just 4.92% of the people reached. This correlates with research from numerous other studies over the last six months. Even mainstream media have picked up that people are tending to engage less, aware that their friendship nets are now very wide, and also, presumably, better educated that their comment or like on a brand Page could well surface in friend's newsfeeds as well as be read by thousands of total strangers. Video also wins in the engagement stages with 5.16% of people engaged with a video compared with 5.11% engaged with a photo post. Status updates show engagement of 4.74%, with links bringing up the rear with just 3.8% of people reached engaged.
Other updated Facebook facts and figures50 million businesses now use Facebook pages. And over a billion of Facebook's users are connected to at least one business page: in the States, that's over 80% of users. Growth in Page likes is up 0.18%, the largest growth Locowise has seen since November 2015. Facebook now has 3 million active advertisers with 500,000 new advertisers being added every six months. 42.15% of the pages considered in the Locowise study used Facebook advertising in March. They paid for 30.01% of their total reach.
Is your reach still in the doldrums?With more and more brands creating Pages on Facebook, the newsfeed is simply getting busier. With only 11% (and this is the most optimistic study we've come across in years) of your fans seeing your content, you either need to get a lot smarter at posting organically, or start using advertising well. We can help you with that and offer a broad range of Facebook services to take the weight off your shoulders.
With advertising, we have two ways of helping clients:
- Do-It-Yourself With Coaching
We’ll train you and your team (either at your offices or online) to use Facebook ads efficiently and effectively. Prices start from £199.
Get more info.
- Done For You
We’ll assess your goals, target marketing, customer profiles and from that build, test, run and analyse your Facebook ads from scratch. Get started here.
- As a digital marketer can you relate to any of these? - 28th October 2016
- Cracking Facebook’s News Feed Algorithm: a New Definition of Edgerank - 26th October 2016
- Why you should upload links not photos to Facebook - 14th October 2016
- SRT Made Easy: The Digiterati’s unique free software for making captions and subtitles for Facebook and YouTube video - 2nd September 2016
- [New!] In-depth fan data on your Facebook Page + FaceBug fix! - 11th August 2016
- New Facebook Page design: How to re-order the left and right hand columns - 11th August 2016