How to move the sections on your Facebook Page's left and right hand columns
Facebook's new Page design may well have left your Page displaying some elements less prominently than you would like. The right hand column in particular can leave users scrolling for an eternity until they find the content they are looking for.
Some of the sections in the left and right hand columns can be moved around. In the left hand column scroll to the "Manage Tabs" option:
You'll then get the change to reorder them. The About tab has to stay at the top but all the others can be reorganised. If you want to add or remove tabs (mine were a disaster zone before I did a little trimming and admin) click "Add or Remove Tabs" and follow the instructions.
In the right hand column the Search, Info, About and Page Tips sections are immovable but the sections under those can be rearranged.
Click on the little edit icon to the left of the > arrow in any of the sections:
A box will appear that will enable you to drag and drop the sections to rearrange them according to your Page's priorities:
Don't forget to save after reordering.
Your Page may well have fewer sections than the example above. Simply decide what is most important for visitors to see.
- [New feature] Using the New Inbox on your Facebook Page: the Universal Inbox is here! - 10th May 2017
- [Breaking] How to post as a Facebook Page in your Group PLUS how to link a Facebook Group to a Page - 10th May 2017
- Facebook Group Member Request Settings: Facebook beta testing feature for admins to vet prospective members by asking questions - 10th April 2017
- Do your emojis actually end up looking the way you intend them to? - 20th March 2017
- Our biggest course to date is now live (and it’s not about Facebook!) - 20th February 2017
- Facebook Events: the Cinderella content type that’s more glass slipper than pumpkin - 18th January 2017