Improve your Facebook ad campaigns and drive better results
With organic reach averaging just 7% many organisations are reluctantly finding budget to boost posts and create ads on Facebook. Paid reach now accounts for nearly half of total reach and that figure is growing as Facebook evolves into a pay-to-play platform for brands.
In 2018 Social Media Examiner found that a huge 81% of marketers want to learn more about Facebook as a PAID social media platform.
Many marketers feel far from confident in their use of Ads Manager and as a result produce ineffective and costly campaigns.
Many campaigns fail not because marketers have misunderstood how to use the Ads Manager platform but because their ad copywriting, ad testing, landing pages are far from optimal.
This comprehensive course on Facebook advertising is suitable for new advertisers as well as those with some experience of the platform. It will enable you to feel confident with using more sophisticated ad targeting and creation techniques normally the preserve of the professional ads agency.
You will be able to:
- Understand why your current ad targeting approaches don’t work and learn a radical new set of priorities for ads targeting that will drive up sales and reduce ad spend
- Increase your confidence in using a variety of ad types that better match your business goals with your creative approaches
- Discover how to get results from Messenger ads
- Learn how to simply test different headlines, ad copy and image combinations for improved clicks and conversions
- See how psychological approaches can be utilised to drive commitment and conversions
- Learn a bunch of tricks and tips to streamline your work in Ads Manager and reduce the time you spend managing campaigns
- Understand how to use the Facebook pixel to improve your tracking and enhance your targeting
- Learn how to create a retargeting campaign on Facebook for your website visitors or mailing list and increase the effectiveness of all your OTHER digital marketing efforts
- Master how to craft your ad copy to drive better results
- Discover the secrets of an effective landing page that converts
- Learn about the ways your website is working against your ads campaigns
- How to work with disapproved ads or restricted content
Facebook Advertising Course Content
We will cover all the essential elements that you need to get right from targeting, custom audiences, and lookalikes as well as drilling down to Facebook’s awesome detailed targeting tool which enables you to narrow audiences by combining interests and behaviours.
An introduction to Facebook ads
- Making a business case for using Facebook ads
- Uncovering the different ways ads are targeted at you
- Building a priority list of audiences for targeting (that probably don’t include the people you are currently targeting!)
- The anatomy of a Facebook ads campaign: mastering every element
- A step-by-step guide to creating an ads campaign in the new combined Ads Manager
- Examples of highly converting ads
- A look at more unusual ad types
Ads Manager tricks and tips
- A live tour of Ads Manager and how to create a campaign in real time
- Tips on:
- Ensuring your ads aren’t accidentally live
- Duplicating campaigns, ad sets and ads with ease
- Using Dynamic Creative to test headlines, copy, images and other creative assets
- Complying with the 20% text rule
- What you should do instead of Page Like ads
- Using rules to automate campaign tweaking
- How to get and why you need a high relevance score
- Tracking effectiveness with utm and url parameters
- A little trick to get new fans as an extra benefit from your ads campaign
- Working with branded content
Custom and Lookalike audiences
- Discovering and prioritising warm audiences
- How and why to target ads to:
- Website visitors
- Your mailing list
- Your existing customer base
- People who have already interacted with your ad, a video or recently been active in your Facebook Page
- Lookalikes of people who already buy from you
Ad targeting: demographics, interests, behaviours and more
- Layering and combining basic and more advanced demographic targeting
- Why the detailed targeting tool can be your secret weapon in ads targeting
- How to create an offer in Ads Manager
The Facebook pixel
- An introduction to the Facebook pixel and what it does
- Why you need the pixel installed on your website
- Using the pixel for retargeting
- How to install the pixel
- Troubleshooting when the pixel isn’t working
Getting started with Messenger ads
- Getting into Messenger ads NOW (before everyone else does!)
- The three types of Messenger ads
- Step-by-step guide to creating a Messenger ad
- Case study of effective use of Messenger as an ads destination
- Measuring the effectiveness of your campaigns
- Live tour of Ads Manager for monitoring and improving your ads
- The Facebook Ads mobile app
Getting the results you want: ad copy, landing pages and psychological approaches
- Why simply being an Ads Manager ninja is not enough
- 11 reasons why your campaigns are not delivering
- Using psychological approaches to drive engagement and conversion
- Writing ad copy that delivers
- Do’s and don’ts of landing page design
- When websites work against your advertising efforts
About the Trainer
Marie Page is a social media communications specialist and co-founder of The Digiterati, a collective of leading digital marketing experts focussed on consultancy and training.
As one of the UK’s leading Facebook marketing experts her book “Winning at Facebook Marketing with Zero Budget” enjoys 5* reviews on Amazon. She is also author of the Smart Insights’ Smarter Guide to Facebook Marketing edited by Dr Dave Chaffey and the Smarter Guide to Facebook Advertising.
Marie is a speaker at conferences such as BrightonSEO as well as numerous podcasts. Her work has been featured in the Huffington Post, the Daily Telegraph, Daily Express and she also writes for Social Media Examiner and recently appeared on ITV’s current affairs show ‘Tonight’ giving an extensive interview about Facebook data privacy and ads targeting.
In addition to her consultancy and training work with The Digiterati, Marie runs an award-winning ecommerce company grown almost entirely through social media and email marketing.
Marie holds a Masters in Digital Marketing (even her award winning research topic was Facebook Marketing), and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing where she has also worked as an examiner on their digital marketing qualifications.