The public has been nicely warmed up to the concept and potential of live video thanks to Google Hangouts, Periscope and Meerkat. But Facebook Live, due to both its seamless integration with the Facebook app as well as the platform’s huge dominance, means that the medium is finally coming of age.
You can use live video to personalise your brand, tell the story behind your organisation, enable your online audience to stand in you (virtual) shoes. It doesn't have to take much time and it definitely doesn’t have to be perfect.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Live stream a training day you are putting on for customers (we’ll be doing just that at this Facebook training event)
- Grab quick interviews with key industry spokespeople
- Go behind the scenes at your factory or office introducing the people behind the brand
- Show how your product is created. If you need to show something on a screen simply video a desktop screen
- Unboxing a new product or some exciting gadgetery that has arrived at the office
- Quick how-to videos for your products
- Quick tips about your speciality – discuss something you are particualrly knowledgeable about and again these can be repurposed as blog posts or Facebook written updates
- Reinvent the virtual Tweet-up – host a Q&A session
None of these ideas are unique to Facebook Live. You could roll them out on your platform of choice whether Hangout, Periscope or Meerkat. We're about to experiment with a live event where we livestream on Periscope AT THE SAME TIME as streaming via Facebook Live. It just takes a couple of phones and a bit of multi tasking.
Other posts you might find helpful:
- How to calculate the reach of your Facebook GROUP! - 7th November 2017
- How what you write on Facebook could be killing your reach - 31st October 2017
- [Insights Metrics] Finding the reach of your Facebook Group - 27th July 2017
- 12 tips for local optimisation on Facebook - 7th June 2017
- [New feature] Using the New Inbox on your Facebook Page: the Universal Inbox is here! - 10th May 2017
- How to post as a Facebook Page in your Group PLUS how to link a Facebook Group to a Page - 10th May 2017