I wrote an article earlier this year about how to post as a Facebook Page in your Facebook Group and have been inundated with questions since from people confused as to how you join a Facebook Group as a Page.
Now what people have failed to figure out is that the functionality I was explaining was (and remains for most) only possible when you admin both the Page and the Group.
It’s not been helped by rumours that Facebook has opened up some functionality that would let Pages join Groups (see screen grab below from Mari Smith who spotted it in in September in her Group settings):
So if looks like it is coming but I’m only seeing it when I go to create a new Group (it’s in the Settings menu). And even if it is available in some Groups, the Admin settings will need to be manually updated.
Hat tip to Cyber Gran Fiona Catchpowle who spotted the option as she joined a Group recently:
How to like a Facebook Page as a Page
As a little tip on something that *is* currently possible, if you are not sure how to like a Facebook Page (that you don’t admin) as a Page (that you do admin) here’s what you do:
- Go to the Page you want to like.
- Click below the Page’s cover photo.
- Select Like As Your Page.
- Select a Page and click Submit.
- Facebook Ad Campaign Structure - 1st October 2019
- BrightonSEO talk: How to get Facebook Groups Working for Your Business - 4th September 2019
- Case study: SEO for a website that was virtually invisible on Google - 20th August 2019
- How to invite people who like your post to like you Page EN MASSE! - 30th January 2019
- 8 Reasons Why Your Facebook Ads Don’t Convert - 12th December 2018
- Digiterati INSIDERS: for marketers wanting the INSIDE track - 2nd November 2018