I wrote an article earlier this year about how to post as a Facebook Page in your Facebook Group and have been inundated with questions since from people confused as to how you join a Facebook Group as a Page.
Now what people have failed to figure out is that the functionality I was explaining was (and remains for most) only possible when you admin both the Page and the Group.
It’s not been helped by rumours that Facebook has opened up some functionality that would let Pages join Groups (see screen grab below from Mari Smith who spotted it in in September in her Group settings):
So if looks like it is coming but I’m only seeing it when I go to create a new Group (it’s in the Settings menu). And even if it is available in some Groups, the Admin settings will need to be manually updated.
Hat tip to Cyber Gran Fiona Catchpowle who spotted the option as she joined a Group recently:
How to like a Facebook Page as a Page
As a little tip on something that *is* currently possible, if you are not sure how to like a Facebook Page (that you don’t admin) as a Page (that you do admin) here’s what you do:
- Go to the Page you want to like.
- Click below the Page’s cover photo.
- Select Like As Your Page.
- Select a Page and click Submit.
- Updated 30 April 2020: Which video conferencing or live streaming platform to choose? - 4th April 2020
- Free Webinar: Moving your activity classes online #StayInWorkOut - 27th March 2020
- How to move face-to-face classes online - 17th March 2020
- Facebook Ad Campaign Structure - 1st October 2019
- BrightonSEO talk: How to get Facebook Groups Working for Your Business - 4th September 2019
- Case study: SEO for a website that was virtually invisible on Google - 20th August 2019