I’ve posted before about a little trick whereby you can manually invite people who have liked your Page’s Facebook posts to then like the Page.
This manual method is explained in the video at the bottom of the article.
But for a post with hundreds of likes that is an awful lot of scrolling and clicking. That’s a nice problem to have because the post has clearly gone viral but it does take ages to action.
Don’t worry – you don’t need to have ANY development skills to do this and I’ll walk you through it all step-by-step.
Step 1 – Click on the Likes for a popular post
You’ll see a hypertext link with either the names of a couple of people or a like count. Click on that and you should then see a pop-up.
Step 2 – Scroll through the pop-up
You should see some people to Invite (as well as those who have already Liked the Page).
This is where you could manually click to invite them all one by one or alternately, when you have lots of inviting to do progress to Step 3.
Keep that pop-up open and go to the next Step.
Step 3 – Paste some code into the url
At the top of your browser you’ll see the usual https://www.facebook.com/page name
Over the top of that past the following code
Step 4 – Check it worked!
‘Invite’ should now say ‘Invited’.
If the person accepts the invitation you will see a notification in your Page notifications panel.
Don’t go overboard!
There is a limit on how many people you can invite in a single day. My understanding is that this is 490. Don’t try more than that or you will get locked out.
Not working for you?
The function is not available for very large Pages so if you don’t see the option to “Invite” your Page is either too large or you are temporarily locked out of the feature.
Remember that you need to be in Chrome (Firefox may also work – try it!)
- How to invite people who like your post to like you Page EN MASSE! - 30th January 2019
- 8 Reasons Why Your Facebook Ads Don’t Convert - 12th December 2018
- Digiterati INSIDERS: for marketers wanting the INSIDE track - 2nd November 2018
- Can Facebook Pages join Facebook Groups? - 25th October 2018
- How to create a Facebook Instant Experience Ad (previously known as Canvas Ads) - 24th October 2018
- Harnessing the Power of Facebook Groups Part 2 - 7th April 2018