- Do your emojis actually end up looking the way you intend them to? - 20th March 2017
- Our biggest course to date is now live (and it’s not about Facebook!) - 20th February 2017
- Facebook Events: the Cinderella content type that’s more glass slipper than pumpkin - 18th January 2017
- Facebook’s new Post Options: What you need to know - 7th January 2017
- Setting up shop and services sections in your Facebook Page - 4th January 2017
- Facebook’s Page layout has changed again! - 13th December 2016
With the recent introduction of new look Facebook Pages a few basic functions have
apparently disappeared undergone a tweak.
Most Pages allow their fans to post publicly on their timelines and these posts surface in the, now left hand column, "Visitor Posts". That column is now very hidden and requires a lot of scrolling down the Page to see it so visibility for the fan is going to be pretty low (it's one of the many reasons that brand that value original fan content prefer Groups where member content is given the same prominence to that of the admins on the timeline).
If a Page admin decides they want to give more visibility to a visitor post the need to dig around a fair bit to find the magic share button. It's even more confusing on mobile which displays a nice share button but will then only allow you to share as your personal profile on your personal timeline.
On desktop there is no obvious Share button but with a little clicking it can be found. You need to click on the "VISITOR POSTS" text at the top of that section to see the Share button:
Once there you can either share immediately or instead write an intro piece to it. I also chose to adjust my targeting as the post in question was only relevant to English and German fans:
how to re-order the left and right hand columns.